Linux is heavily used in web hosting industry today. Proper Linux Server Management can help your server perform better. Our Linux Server Administrators will provide you techinical support which includes but not limited to setup the server, fixing network problems, setting up firewall, creating scripts that can automate common jobs, installing software updates, reading event logs and managing running tasks etc. Also every now and then you are going to face issues managing the server. Our Linux System Administrators will will mange and monitor your server 24x7x365.
Linux Server Management, Administration, Linux Support & Monitoring
Below are some of the main features of our Linux Server Management Service, which includes 24/7 server management with core Linux Support.
MAX 5 Sites per Server
- CentOS 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® versions 6.x, 7.x
- Debian 8, 9, 10
- Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04
If you just got new server then we can set it up and make it ready for use
- Apache( PHP )
- FTP – PureFTP/ProFTP
- Varnish (reverse proxy)
- Exim, Postfix, Qmail(with some control panel)
For other services and softwares please contact our sales before signup
- CentOS WebPanel
- No control panel ( Plain Linux Server)
We provide 24/7 unlimited support tickets. Also No Server issue come with prior notice, that’s why our Linux Admins are available 24x7x365 to resolve all your server issues
8 hour Response Time
Most tickets are responded within 4 hours
24 hour Resolution Time Guarantee
Most tickets are resolved within 12 hours.
- Weekly updates
- Apache,PHP Upgrade
- Configure Backup
- Nameserver Setup
- Backup Restoration
- Disk space issues
- SSL Installation
- DNS Editing
- Mail Server Configuration
- FTP Server Setup
- Google Apps Setup (DNS)
- Apache Optimization – Apache performance optimization by tweaking settings.
- Nginx Installation – Nginx is much faster than Apache
- PHP Configuration – Widely used PHP modules will be enabled for maximum compatibility.
- MySQL Optimization – MySQL performance Optimization using my.cnf and enabling query caching.
- PHP Caching – Optimizes PHP performance through Xcache/Eaccelerator/Memcache script caching.
- Monitoring Apps – We will install MyTOP, Iptraf, and Iftop utilities to easily monitor server performance.
- Process Resource Monitor – monitor and kill processess overloading the server (Optional)
- SPRI ( System Priority ) – control server load(optional)
- CloudFlare Installation
Config Server Firewall (CSF) will be installed and configured to do below things.
- Block large number of connections(on request)
- Report user having large number of process or using high memory
- Alert when a script sends large number of emails
- Suspicious file reporting – reports potential exploit files in /tmp and similar directories
- Alert when load average remains high for more than a particular interval of time
- SYN Flood protection ( on requrest)
- Block countries ( on request)
- Port Scan tracking and blocking
- SSH login notification
- SU login notification
- WHM root access notification
- Block IP’s with multiple failed login
Server Monitoring (addon *)
Your server will be monitored 24x7x365 at every 10 minutes interval.
System Integrity Monitor(SIM)
It auto restart the services if they are down to ensure maximum uptime.(Optional)
LEVEL2 and LEVEL3 support.
- Testing/Auditing Server from time to time
- Ensuring maximum uptime
- Installing and configuring RAID
- LVM( Logical volume Manager) Setup
- Suggesting New technologies to improve uptime and performance
- Write shell script to do task automation(Basic Scripts only)
- and other tasks
New Server Setup
If you have a new server then we will setup and configure it from scratch making it ready to use.
RhHunter and Chkrootkit rootkit scanner will be installed and configured to perform nightly security audits to ensure the server is safe and protected from intrusions and hackers trying to gain access to the server. The softwares will scan the server for rootkits, worms and LKMs and are regularly updated.
We can install below modules on the server to increase the security on the server. It will be installed on request.
- mod security – Block Web based attacks like SQL injection etc.
- mod_evasive – DOS, DDOS, and brute force detection and suppression for Apache
- PHP SuHosin – PHP Hardening and Security module
- DNS Hardening – Hide DNS Version and disable DNS recursion
- FTP, HTTP file upload Scan – Pure-ftp and Apache will be configured to scan all uploaded files using ClamAV. This will highly reduce the risk of virus files being uploaded to your server.
We don’t limit the number of hours that we work on your server. We will work on the server till the issue is resolved.
LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server. It is a commercial product by LiteSpeedTech.com. Our Server Management Service includes LiteSpeed Server Support at no cost.
We will install following 3rd party software on request. FFmpeg, Mplayer, Mencoder, Flvtool2, ImageMagick, PHP and Perl modules. If you have any other custom requirement then please contact us before signup. ( NOTE: We only do the installation as per the documentation. We don’t support these softwares.)
- Server logs will be monitored in case of issues and correct solutions will be applied.
- If any service has problem we will fix it.
Another part of effective Linux server management involves making consistent backups. While the server may be home to a lot of common files, they are more often used to host websites and as storage for important documents. If the Linux server crashes, then it can mean the permanent deletion of all those files. Consistent backups may keep this from happening, because it will store the server’s files somewhere else, leaving them unaffected by the crash.
Below tasks will be performed on request only.
- Clean logs every month
- Complete server scan every month for vulnerability
- Update your server every month ( manual update including kernel )
- Unlimited support tickets